Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Status: June 5

As planned, I started to implement the tab-based window for editing existing configurations. I had a fair number of problems, but in the end managed to create what I had in mind. I also worked on the wizard classes, which are ready to be used as well.

For the current iteration, three tasks are yet to be done:
  • Design and implement the user interface in detail. This one should not cause any problems, but may be time-consuming.
  • Design and implement the main screen widget. This is likely a hard task. The implementation should therefore be incremental.
  • Implement a parser to read configuration files.
I'll probably work tomorrow on the parser. There are still 8 working days left in the iteration, so the current situation is looking pretty good.

Off-topic: I am using git to manage the project source code internally, which works really well! Once there is something worth releasing, I can easily export a CVS commit.

No comments: